NTA releases elegibility criteria for NEET 2020
- Candidates must be the citizen of India.
- NRIs (Non-Resident Indians), OCIs (Overseas Citizen of India), PIOs (Persons of Indian Origin) & Foreign Nationals can also apply.
- Candidates seeking for admission in UG medical courses in abroad are required to qualify NEET exam.
- There is lower age limit for NEET. The applying candidate must have completed minimum 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020.
- The upper age limit is 25 years as on the date of examination. Candidates above 25 years are provisionally permitted to appear and their candidature is subject to the outcome of pending Petitions before the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed the higher/senior secondary examination or its equivalent after a period of 12 years study.
- Subjects: Candidates must pass the above qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology along with English as mandatory subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must secure minimum 50% marks (GEN & GEN-EWS), 45% marks (GEN PH) & 40% marks (SC, ST & OBC-NCL) taken together in PCB subjects.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are in 12th standard can also apply. They must have to show the passing certificates complying with the percentage criteria at the time of first round of counselling.
- NIOS or State Open School or private candidates are eligible to apply for NEET exam as per last year High Court of Delhi order. However, the candidates eligibility depends on the final verdict of the special leave petitions filed by Medical Council of India.
- Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
- Candidate must be the citizen of India, NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign Nationals.
For J&K & Ladakh:
- Candidates from UT of J&K and Ladakh are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically along with confirmation page for the record and to present the same during counselling.
- Candidates from J&K & Ladakh can appear in NEET exam for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University & Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune subject to the fulfillment of eligibility conditions.
For Andhra Pradesh & Telangana:
- From 2018, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana state joins and contribute to the 15% All India Quota seats.
- Candidates from these states are now eligible for 15% AIQ seats without any self-declaration.
Eligibility for 85% State Quota Seats
All the states participating in the NEET 2020 will be able to fill their 85% seats of MBBS/BDS though state counselling, while the remaining 15% of the seats will be filled through All India centralized counselling. The eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states are mentioned below:
- Candidates must have completed/appearing his/her 10th and 12th from the state.
- Candidate must possess a valid domicile in the state.
- Candidate should possess a residency proof of the state.
- Recent Posts
- How To Crack MHT-CET: Top Tips!
- How To Prepare For Your 12th Board Exams
- How Test Series Can Help You Crack NEET
- Advantages of Coaching For JEE Exams
- How To Prepare For Your Exams During The Lockdown
- IIT/JEE: How Online Coaching Works Best!
- 5 Proven Ways To Top Your 10th Boards
- KVPY Exam: All You Need To Know
- Top Tips To Crack MHT-CET
- Preparing for NEET: How Do I Begin?
- What To Avoid During Your JEE Preparations
- Which Stream Should You Choose After 10th
- MHT CET: All You Need To Know
- How To Choose the Best Coaching Classes for NEET
- 5 Brain-Boosting Foods For Students